- How to Choose the Right Water Heater for Your Home View Article
- Common Causes of Clogged Drains: How to Prevent Them View Article
- How Do Leak Detection Systems Work? View Article
- Finding the Right Slab Leak Detection Company View Article
- What To Do if You Suspect a Slab Leak View Article
- Consequences of Slab Leak Foundation Damage View Article
- How to Detect a Slab Leak View Article
- 4 Important Tools for Detecting a Gas Leak View Article
Common Causes of a High Water Bill
The reason for a high water bill can be a number of things. Luckily, almost every scenario comes with an easy explanation and fix. Some reasons for your high water bill may be:
- A change in water use. Examples of common changes in water use include a change in the season, or the addition of another member of the household.
- The weather. People tend to run the water more in the winter, to ensure that their pipes do not freeze and burst.
- An unfound leak or break in your pipes. If you have a leak in any of your pipes, you are being charged extra. This is because your water system is trying to keep up with normal functioning, but needs to use more water to make up for the water that is being leaked out.
- You have outdated fixtures and toilets. Newer model toilets, faucets, etc., utilize more advanced water saving methods. This means that older model bathroom fixtures commonly are not as good at minimizing water use as newer fixtures.
- You have a faulty water meter. You get charged based on the amount of water your meter determines that you use. Therefore, if you have a problem with your water meter, it may be broken and giving a higher reading.
6. Bad, water wasting habits. Are you one of those people who consistently leaves the water running? Do you take longer showers? Try cutting down your shower time to no longer than 15 minutes. You can also make sure to turn the water off when doing tasks like brushing your teeth, or washing the dishes.
How Long Does High Water Bill Detection Take?
Typically, it takes an average of 1-3 hours to complete water bill detection services. However, this depends on a variety of factors. One of the most prevalent factors related to how long this service takes is the size of your water system. If you have a larger house with a more elaborate pipe system, it may take longer to look for leaks and inspect.
Texas Green Plumbing in Richardson, TX Will Keep Your House Running
Don’t keep overpaying for your water, and sort out the problem right away! At Texas Green Plumbing, our priority is to get your water system back to normal, with you paying your usual amount. Contact us today at (972) 498-1047 to schedule your high water bill appointment.
Honest, upfront, and as professional as they come. I will be using Texas Green anytime I have an issue that requires a plumbing company and highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for honest and caring professionals.Roman F.
Could not have had a better experience with Texas Green Plumbing. Eli and Terry came out to look at an issue we were having with a sink/faucet. Literally the nicest people and we will definitely be requesting them specifically from now on. We have never had a negative experience with this company and would recommend them to anyone.Mary B.
Amber was amazing and helpful setting me up, the Techs (Kyle & Josh) were very professional, and importantly the fees cost/labor were much more reasonable compared to others I have spoken to.
Highly recommend!Dau N.
Awesome response time. I called them one morning due to a backed up shower drain causing that occurred the day we were scheduled to leave on vacation and they were able to get someone available within hours so we didn’t have to cancel our plans.Tyler F.
This is a great company to use. They worked around my schedule as I work from home. The plumber communicated with us what he did and he was super professional. Unfortunately I did not get his name, but he was awesome. Also, a shoutout to Amber at the office. She is so kind. She called me letting me know when they were coming and answered my questions when I called in.Lynnea B.
Aaron and Michael did a fantastic job and were very professional! The team did a bang up job explaining the process and why the solution they recommended was the best choice. They were efficient and worked diligently to get the job done and minimize water being turned off to the house. Thank you!Ken H.
I had 2 sinks with drainage problems in my new home. Upstairs bathroom sink just needed the seal reset. The kitchen sink had several leaks and they gave me several options for repairs at each point. They also figured out the drainage problem as being a grease clog. I have several fans set up to help deal with the smell, but now the sink drains and there are no more leaks!Patrick T.
We have used Texas Green Plumbing in the past to fix our hot water heaters and they were fantastic. The entire process took less than 15 minutes. He saved me so much time and money!Kala E.
I went on YouTube to see if I can get an understanding of why there could be water in my outside meter box and found a video by Mr. Roger. The City said it was my responsibility so I decided to call TGP the next day. Amber and Aaron were polite and professional. The leak was fixed just in time before all the rain we received this week. The cost seemed reasonable. Thank you so much.Yvonne A.
Over 20 Years Plumbing Experience
Our plumbers are specialists in specific areas such as water systems, remodeling, backflow services, sewer systems, repipes and reroutes. We also specialize in septic systems, septic pumping and septic certification.
That’s why you can depend on us for all your plumbing needs. Our plumbers can do all jobs big and small so no matter what the job give us a call. We care about getting the job done right! That’s why our plumbers will always go the extra mile!