- How Do Leak Detection Systems Work? View Article
- Finding the Right Slab Leak Detection Company View Article
- What To Do if You Suspect a Slab Leak View Article
- Consequences of Slab Leak Foundation Damage View Article
- How to Detect a Slab Leak View Article
- 4 Important Tools for Detecting a Gas Leak View Article
- The Importance of a Sewer Line Inspection View Article
- Residential Plumbing Problems to Watch Out For View Article
Process of Installing a Shower Pan
At Texas Green Plumbing, we take pride in our shower pan installation process. We want to ensure that we leave our clients more than satisfied with our services, and excited to try out their new shower! Below outlines the usual steps we take when installing a residential shower pan:
- Measure. We carefully measure the area where the new shower pan will be installed.
- Prepare. We sweep any debris away, peel off any old caulking or adhesive, and then ensure the floor is completely dry.
- "Dry-fit". We now check to make sure everything fits and the measurements are precise, before actually using the adhesive to permanently affix the pan. The shower pan should fit snugly.
- Affix the pan. We make sure that the drain hole aligns, and that the shower pan is level, and finally attach the pan by drilling in the studs through the lip of the pan. The pan is also sealed with silicone bath caulk, to ensure no water seeps through.
- Dry time. We now allow the caulk to dry, and then check to make sure that all the proper areas are sealed.
How Long Does It Take to Install a Shower Pan?
The average time this project takes to complete is anywhere between 4-6 hours. This all depends on the size of the shower, as well as if the shower pan will be ready-made or custom built.
How Much Does It Cost to Install a Shower Pan?
The average cost of a shower pan installation service is anywhere from $500-$900. This, of course, also depends on factors like size of the pan, and if it is custom built or ready made. Ready made ones tend to be made of cheaper materials, whereas custom built ones can be harder to complete.
Texas Green Plumbing in Richardson, TX Goes Beyond
Texas Green Plumbing is a plumbing business composed of only the most experienced staff in the area. Our team has been highly rated for a number of years, meaning that we always leave our customers satisfied. Give us a call today at (972) 498-1047 to learn more about how we can help you with your shower pan installation.
Honest, upfront, and as professional as they come. I will be using Texas Green anytime I have an issue that requires a plumbing company and highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for honest and caring professionals.Roman F.
Could not have had a better experience with Texas Green Plumbing. Eli and Terry came out to look at an issue we were having with a sink/faucet. Literally the nicest people and we will definitely be requesting them specifically from now on. We have never had a negative experience with this company and would recommend them to anyone.Mary B.
Amber was amazing and helpful setting me up, the Techs (Kyle & Josh) were very professional, and importantly the fees cost/labor were much more reasonable compared to others I have spoken to.
Highly recommend!Dau N.
Awesome response time. I called them one morning due to a backed up shower drain causing that occurred the day we were scheduled to leave on vacation and they were able to get someone available within hours so we didn’t have to cancel our plans.Tyler F.
This is a great company to use. They worked around my schedule as I work from home. The plumber communicated with us what he did and he was super professional. Unfortunately I did not get his name, but he was awesome. Also, a shoutout to Amber at the office. She is so kind. She called me letting me know when they were coming and answered my questions when I called in.Lynnea B.
Aaron and Michael did a fantastic job and were very professional! The team did a bang up job explaining the process and why the solution they recommended was the best choice. They were efficient and worked diligently to get the job done and minimize water being turned off to the house. Thank you!Ken H.
I had 2 sinks with drainage problems in my new home. Upstairs bathroom sink just needed the seal reset. The kitchen sink had several leaks and they gave me several options for repairs at each point. They also figured out the drainage problem as being a grease clog. I have several fans set up to help deal with the smell, but now the sink drains and there are no more leaks!Patrick T.
We have used Texas Green Plumbing in the past to fix our hot water heaters and they were fantastic. The entire process took less than 15 minutes. He saved me so much time and money!Kala E.
I went on YouTube to see if I can get an understanding of why there could be water in my outside meter box and found a video by Mr. Roger. The City said it was my responsibility so I decided to call TGP the next day. Amber and Aaron were polite and professional. The leak was fixed just in time before all the rain we received this week. The cost seemed reasonable. Thank you so much.Yvonne A.
Over 20 Years Plumbing Experience
Our plumbers are specialists in specific areas such as water systems, remodeling, backflow services, sewer systems, repipes and reroutes. We also specialize in septic systems, septic pumping and septic certification.
That’s why you can depend on us for all your plumbing needs. Our plumbers can do all jobs big and small so no matter what the job give us a call. We care about getting the job done right! That’s why our plumbers will always go the extra mile!